LingvoSoft Application Manager 2008 for Windows is a free application specially designed for LingvoSoft applications’ users. Basically, this managing tool can perform three tasks: the program can search and find the LingvoSoft applications installed on your system; the program can also inform you about all available updates and new LingvoSoft software; besides, it gives you quick access to the applications installed by launching them from LingvoSoft Application Manager.
The application can be used in two different modes to know:
Launcher Mode: In this mode the application window contains shortcuts for quick launch of the installed LingvoSoft programs. The visible elements in this mode are the following:
1. Shortcuts for quick launch.
2. Tabs with shortcuts for different language pairs.
3. Tab for special applications. For example, for LingvoSoft FlashCards Builder.
The advantage of this mode is the simplicity of the interface and the little screen space it occupies.
Advanced Mode: In Advanced Mode you can see detailed information about LingvoSoft applications. The visible elements in this mode are the following:
1. List of installed applications.
2. List of available related LingvoSoft applications.
3. A column for version information.
4. Run – a button for quick launch of applications.
5. Registration column contains registration status of the application.
6. Upgrade column contains links to download available upgrades.
7. Free update column contains information about available free updates.
8. Website column contains links to website pages with products information.
9. Information column contains links to website pages with products information.
10. Download column contains links to download available related LingvoSoft applications.
Application Status is full information you get about LingvoSoft applications from LingvoSoft Application Manager. Depending on the status each program has, in Advanced mode you can see different marks opposite product names. To better understand this, view the list below:
- OK: The program is installed, registered and has no updates.
- Upgrades: The program is installed, may be registered or unregistered and has updates. Click on Available to download updates.
- Free update: The program is installed, may be registered or unregistered and has updates. Click on Available to download updates.
- Buy: The program is installed and unregistered. Click on Buy to purchase the registration key.
- Download: The program is not installed on your computer. Click on Available to download program.
- Information Click on the link to get application description.
About system requirements, here’s a list for you to check your system:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- 16 MB free space on the hard disk
- at least 64 MB of system memory
- Internet connection needed